Congratulations to our October Greek Organization of the Month, Alpha Kappa Lambda! The men of Alpha Kappa Lambda have been awarded Greek Organization of the Month for their incredible commitment to philanthropy throughout all of October. They began the month by raising $100 for their national philanthropy, These Hands Don’t Hurt, which supports victims of domestic violence. Students from all around campus dipped their hands in paint and placed them on a sheet as a pledge to support victims and work to end domestic violence all together. Alpha Kappa Lambda also sold hot dogs on the quad for their Hot Dogs for Heroes event and raised $75 for emergency personnel. To finish off the month, Alpha Kappa Lambda built the AKL Haunted Mansion for Halloween and raised an impressive $2,500 for the Northeast Regional Food Bank. Organizing so many philanthropy events in a single month is no small task and the entire community is very thankful for the hard work of these men!
Congratulations to the men of Phi Kappa Tau for being the Greek Organization of the month! Phi Kappa Tau has been awarded Greek Organization of the Month for the month of September for working very hard to raise $750 for the United Service Organizations. Phi Kappa Tau is being recognized for the fraternity’s dedication to the commitment pillar of Greek Life. The hard work that the men of Phi Kappa Tau put in to the Bulldog Fever 5K is very much appreciated by the Greek Life community, the Truman community, and the Kirksville community. Keep up the good work! We are very proud of your chapter’s hard work and are happy that the work you all put into your philanthropy is going to such a great cause!
Sigma Kappa has been chosen as the Greek Organization of the month for January and February! Sigma Kappa was nominated for having the highest GPA in the Panhellenic Council for the past semester, enacting a risk management policy that follows the chapter’s bylaws and Truman’s policy, as well as, sponsoring sober social events with other Greek organizations. We are very excited to award Sigma Kappa with this recognition and thank them for all of their hard work!
- Olivia Lanser is the Greek Life Team Leader. Olivia is a Senior Biology, Pre-Med student. She is a member of Delta Zeta and currently serves as her chapter’s President. Olivia joined Greek Life her freshman year because she did not know many people at Truman and felt that it was a great way to get to know new people. She also wanted to get involved in something that was greater than herself and she believes it was the best decision she has made. For fun, Olivia likes to play volleyball and bake.
- Rachel Villafane is the Alumni Engagement intern. Rachel is a Senior Psychology major who will be joining Teach for America after graduation and eventually attending law school. Rachel is a member of Delta Zeta. Rachel joined Greek Life to make lifelong friendships and to be a part of a community that strives to make a difference. In her free time, Rachel enjoys reading and spending time with family and friends. With her position on the Greek Life Team, Rachel is working to offer programming that enhances the Greek experience, not only for students, but alumni as well.
- Kevin Ogle is the Prevention and Wellness intern. Kevin is a Junior Health Science Major with the goal of attending accelerated nursing school after graduation. Kevin is a member of the Delta Chi Fraternity, where he currently serves as the chapter’s Vice President. Kevin joined Greek Life as a freshman, after years of seeing firsthand the invaluable experiences and opportunities it offered to his older brother. His favorite part of Greek Life at Truman is the network of support that goes beyond individual affiliations and encourages members to step out of their comfort zones and into positions of leadership in their organizations and on campus. In his free time, Kevin likes food-oriented activities, quoting movies and TV shows, and spending time with friends. He hopes to bring an optimistic and hopeful energy to Prevention and Wellness that facilitates encouragement and support to members of the Greek Community. Furthermore, Kevin plans to continue programming for the more prominent issues facing Greek Life nationally, while highlighting other relevant health topics that sometimes go underrepresented.
- Evan Winter is the Public Relations and Awards intern. Evan is a Junior Computer Science student with the goal of becoming a software engineer. Evan is a member of Phi Kappa Tau and serves as his chapter’s Public Relations chair and Webmaster. Evan joined Greek Life his freshman year here at Truman State University because it offered a community in which he could be a leader, a scholar, and be part of a group with the same values and ideals that he has. In his free time, Evan enjoys computer programming, playing guitar, and spending time with his friends and family. Evan is excited for his position on the Greek Life Team and looks forward to promoting Greek Life in a positive way, as well as, awarding the Greek community for their achievements.
- Claire Wright is the Assessment and Innovation intern. Claire is a Senior Justice Systems Major with the goal of becoming a trial consultant. She is a member of Sigma Kappa and joined Truman’s Greek Community because of the great opportunities it provides for making life-long friendships and opportunities to become a leader on and off campus. In her free time, Claire enjoys walking her roommate’s dog, Ollie, and online shopping. With her position on Greek Life Team, Claire hopes to showcase Greek Life at Truman’s positive impact on students and research how to make it an even better experience for all involved.
- Joe Gebhart is the Community Development intern. Joe is a senior Economics major with Political Science and Mathematics minors. He plans to attend law school after he graduates Truman. Joe is a member of Tau Kappa Epsilon and currently serves as president. Joe joined Greek Life his freshmen year to experience new things, meet new people, and develop into a leader. Joe joined the Greek Life staff to offer more all Greek programming that celebrates Greek pride including philanthropy. Joe enjoys hanging out with friends, reading, spending time with dogs, and catching up on current issues in his free time.