Greek Charity at Truman State!
- In the spring of 2016, our Greek community at Truman State University raised $22,147.57 in order to make hygiene kits for a natural relief organization known as Heart to Heart International. Greek students assembled 1,000 hygiene kits that were sent to Baton Rouge, Louisiana to be distributed to the Convoy of Hope, Catholic Charities, and Save the Children, as thousands of people were in desperate need of basic supplies. PowrServ and Heart to Heart International thanks the Greek Community at Truman State University with their efforts to provide aid to flood victims in Louisiana.
Meet the Greek Life Staff!
- Kevin Ogle is the Greek Life Team Leader.
- Kevin Ogle is the Greek Life Team Leader. Kevin is a Senior Health Science major, and will be attending accelerated nursing school in Saint Louis after graduation. He is a member of the Delta Chi Fraternity, where he served as the Vice President for 2015, and is currently the Associate Member Counselor for the Fall 2016 semester. Kevin loves Truman Greek Life because there is a home here for every type of personality or set of interests. He enjoys food-related activities, 80s music, and waving at people on campus.
- Lincoln McCoy is the Alumni Engagement intern.
- Lincoln is a Senior Communication major with a minor in film studies. Lincoln is a member of the Beta Theta Pi Fraternity and held the position of recruitment chair in 2015. Lincoln joined Greek Life because he saw the life long friendships that his brother had made in Greek Life and wanted the same type of A class friends in his life. In his free time, Lincoln enjoys playing the guitar and banjo, doing improv, and spending time with family and friends. An interesting fact about Lincoln is that he brings an orange to classes that he thinks are less than satisfying. He does this because it challenges himself in class to make one continuous peel. With his position on the Greek Life Team, Lincoln is working to enhance the relations between alumni and actives, as well as spur a furthering passion for Greek Life in alumni.
- Katie King is the Prevention and Wellness intern.
- Katie is a Junior Nursing major with the goal of becoming a Critical Care nurse. Katie is a member of the Panhellenic community and is currently disaffiliated as a Greek Counselor for the women going through Panhellenic Recruitment; she is also Treasurer of the Panhellenic Council. Katie joined Greek Life her freshman year to be a part of something bigger than herself and to find a group of women that foster a community of support, service and friendship. As the Prevention and Wellness intern, Katie hopes to engage the Greek community in positive mental health programming and to proactively address issues related to health and wellness. When Katie is not at school she enjoys waterskiing, being outdoors and eating.
- Kenady Moore is the Public Relations and Awards intern.
- Kenady is a Senior Public Communication major with the goal of working in Public Relations after graduation. Kenady is a member of Sigma Sigma Sigma. She joined Greek Life as a freshman with the hopes of meeting new people and getting involved on Truman’s campus. Kenady’s favorite part of Greek Life is the endless opportunities to meet individuals with the same goals and interests she has and the ability to make a difference on our campus. Kenady enjoys spending time with her friends and family, eating Mexican food, and shopping. As the Public Relations and Awards intern, she hopes to promote Greek Life in a positive way and awarding the Greek community for their achievements.
- Sam Gallup is the Assessment and Innovation intern.
- Sam is a Senior Accounting Major and member of Pi Kappa Phi. After graduation Sam plans to stay at Truman to achieve his Masters in Accountancy. Sam plans on working in an accounting firm and eventually becoming a stockbroker and financial advisor. His hobbies include running and traveling. Sam competed on the Track and Cross Country team during his first two years at Truman. Sam’s biggest goal as a Greek Life intern is to promote unity within the Greek community and help provide a safe environment for all.
- Maura Kelley is the Community Development intern.
- Maura is a Senior Public Communication major pursuing a career in event planning after graduation. She is a member of Sigma Kappa and joined Truman’s Greek Life for the campus community and endless amounts of opportunities it offers both during and after her time at Truman. In her free time, Maura enjoys eating copious amounts of Mexican cuisine, reading on her front porch swing, and laughing every chance she gets. As the community development intern, Maura hopes to provide events that strengthen the community on campus while helping the local community prosper.